CPVTalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Christians Should NOT Vote

2 posters

Go down

How Christians Should NOT Vote Empty How Christians Should NOT Vote

Post by Benton Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:07 am

How Christians Should NOT Vote

1. Don't assume anything and don't vote without doing research first. If you have Internet access, it's easy. If you don't, your public library has all sorts of great resources.
2. Don't make your choices because of your race, gender, nationality or whatever. Make your choices because you are a Christian.
3. Don't make your choices based on parties; make your choices based on the moral character of the candidates.
4. Don't choose candidates who want to put all of our choices into the hands of the government.
5. Anti-Christians believe there is no real truth: that truth is different for different people. Don't vote for somebody who thinks that way.
6. Anti-Christians believe morality is a matter of individual preference. Don't vote for somebody who believes that way.
7. Anti-Christians believe that the lives of the unborn are less important than the lifestyles of the fully grown. Don't vote for somebody who operates that way.
8. Anti-Christians act like marriage is just a government contract and tax arrangement. Don't vote for somebody who acts that way.
9. Anti-Christians think high taxes and government programs can help people better than churches and charities. Don't vote for somebody who controls that way.
10. Anti-Christians think you should be kept silent (even referring to Christ's love as “hate”), while opposing beliefs should be spoken freely and promoted. Don't vote for somebody who oppresses that way.
11. Anti-Christians think your children should be forced to learn their ideas and ideals in publicly-funded schools. Don't vote for somebody who indoctrinates that way.

Benton

Back to top Go down

How Christians Should NOT Vote Empty Vote God's choice

Post by Djay Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:14 am

Romans 13:1-7
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.
2 Peter 2:9-11
9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries, 11 whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.

Mark 7:7 - And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.

When these scriptures were written, God's people were under the rule of evil dictators.
Read Jeremiah 27

Djay

Back to top Go down

How Christians Should NOT Vote Empty Vote God's choice2

Post by Djay Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:17 am

Jeremiah 27
1 In the beginning of the reign of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah, this word came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, 2 “Thus says the LORD to me: ‘Make for yourselves bonds and yokes, and put them on your neck, 3 and send them to the king of Edom, the king of Moab, the king of the Ammonites, the king of Tyre, and the king of Sidon, by the hand of the messengers who come to Jerusalem to Zedekiah king of Judah. 4 And command them to say to their masters, “Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel—thus you shall say to your masters: 5 ‘I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are on the ground, by My great power and by My outstretched arm, and have given it to whom it seemed proper to Me. 6 And now I have given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, My servant; and the beasts of the field I have also given him to serve him. 7 So all nations shall serve him and his son and his son’s son, until the time of his land comes; and then many nations and great kings shall make him serve them. 8 And it shall be, that the nation and kingdom which will not serve Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, and which will not put its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, that nation I will punish,’ says the LORD, ‘with the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, until I have consumed them by his hand. 9 Therefore do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your dreamers, your soothsayers, or your sorcerers, who speak to you, saying, “You shall not serve the king of Babylon.” 10 For they prophesy a lie to you, to remove you far from your land; and I will drive you out, and you will perish. 11 But the nations that bring their necks under the yoke of the king of Babylon and serve him, I will let them remain in their own land,’ says the LORD, ‘and they shall till it and dwell in it.’ 12 I also spoke to Zedekiah king of Judah according to all these words, saying, “Bring your necks under the yoke of the king of Babylon, and serve him and his people, and live! 13 Why will you die, you and your people, by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence, as the LORD has spoken against the nation that will not serve the king of Babylon? 14 Therefore do not listen to the words of the prophets who speak to you, saying, ‘You shall not serve the king of Babylon,’ for they prophesy a lie to you; 15 for I have not sent them,” says the LORD, “yet they prophesy a lie in My name, that I may drive you out, and that you may perish, you and the prophets who prophesy to you.” 16 Also I spoke to the priests and to all this people, saying, “Thus says the LORD: ‘Do not listen to the words of your prophets who prophesy to you, saying, “Behold, the vessels of the LORD’s house will now shortly be brought back from Babylon”; for they prophesy a lie to you. 17 Do not listen to them; serve the king of Babylon, and live!

It is not a sin to vote or not to vote. If we vote, then we should not vote based on our own selfish beliefs; we should vote in a way that would positively benefit the entire country. Christ died to save the entire world. We have a different agenda, that is, to reach and prepare people for citizenship of Heaven and not a political party. (Philippians 3:20)

Djay

Back to top Go down

How Christians Should NOT Vote Empty Re: How Christians Should NOT Vote

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum